Chocolate sheet cake will cheer you up! Its delicious, beautiful, super easy to bake and a stress buster for me. Light and fluffy yet rich and moist.
Exam time= tension, stress! I think we are constraining our kids to (study) learn, whereas learning can be a fun process. Human minds are designed to learn, we are curious, we hunt for knowledge. But we have a very strange education system. Over the years with admissions and seats in the colleges; we have made exam time quite an anxious event for kids and for mom’s. Ahh! just can’t help it. All the very best to all; who have exams – and to their mothers !
As a kid; I remember studying late at night. I remember my mother giving me company and feeding me whilst I studied. I made this Chocolate sheet cake for those night-times; when everyone in the house is sleeping and the kids are studying. They deserve a treat – serve a slice with hot milk and be a good mom.
This is an eggless, chocolatey, very moist, melt in the mouth cake recipe and will not require any special equipment. A Fuss free recipe that will bake very quick. A keeper recipe; bookmark it because you will be making it very often.
The method and the ingredients are very simple, you will be able to prepare this quite easily. Have a look at the points below before you start to bake:
1. Measuring the ingredients accurately is important.
2. The method says to heat the butter and water along with the cocoa powder over the medium flame. Make sure you do not add the cocoa powder into the hot pan.Wait till the butter melts, then add the cocoa. This will prevent the burning.
3. The prepared cake batter will be bit runny, unlike the usual cake batters. The batter is ment to be runny, it provides the incredible fudgy texture to the baked sheet cake. So don’t get worried; your cake will turn out fantastic.
4. I have used a thin layer of chocolate ganache on the top along with some chocolate shavings. You can go with any frosting of your choice.
5. This is not a very formal cake, but is elegant enough to serve even on a get-together at home.
[recipe title=[recipe title=” Chocolate sheet cake recipe” time=” 45 minutes” difficulty=”easy”]
1. 100 gm of butter
2. 1/2 cup of water
3. 1/4th cup of cocoa powder
4. 1 cup of all-purpose flour
5. 1/2 tablespoon of baking powder
6. 1/4th cup of apple sauce
7. 1/4th cup of brown sugar
8. 1/2 cup of sugar
9. 1/4th cup of buttermilk
10. 1/2 tablespoon of vanilla extract
11. A dash of salt
Prehear the oven at 350*F (180*C) and line a sheet cake pan with parchment paper and set aside. Keeping the parchment paper a little big in size than the cake pan, with the sides high; will help you lift the prepared cake very easily from the pan. Because we will be pouring the ganache over the cake in the baking tray.
In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, and salt. In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Once the butter is melted, whisk in cocoa powder until thoroughly combined. Add boiling water and turn up the heat to medium. Allow mixture to boil for 30 seconds and immediately turn off the heat. Let the batter sit for five minutes and then pour over flour mixture, and stir lightly to cool.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, apple sauce, baking powder, and vanilla. Stir buttermilk mixture into chocolate mixture. Pour into prepared sheet cake pan. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
While cake is baking, make the ganache frosting To make the chocolate Ganache: see the link
Once the cake is baked and the tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean – Pour the prepared ganache over warm cake and use an offset spatula to spread the frosting all over the cake. Decorate with chocolate shavings and Enjoy! with a warm glass of milk.