Eggless chocolate mini cakes / Valentine’s day special recipe. It’s a pure chocolate indulgence; there is a deep delicious richness in every bite – like the love shared by a couple.
The cakes are somewhere similar to the brownies; very moist and fudgy. This is a Valentine special – so I created a cake game with my special chocolate bites. The game is Truth and Dare; you definitely know how to play( wink , wink )
My idea was to make a chocolate cake which is ##egg less, #delightfully fudgy and #easy to prepare. I started with all these thoughts in my mind and added another great little texture into the cake and that is hiding an Oreo cookie inside. You will not know it till you bite into one.
The egg less chocolate cake has an intense chocolate flavor and a smooth dense texture with the slight crunch of Oreo inside. This makes my valentine cake bites a JOY.
Hopefully I would be sharing many more recipe for Valentine – many of which you can easily make at home and enjoy. But if you remember the previous posts like Lava cake, Petit fours , French patisserie, White chocolate candy These are a few of my favourite recipes that I would like to make on a special day for my special.
The ingredients for Eggless chocolate mini cakes
Dip the Oreo into the cake batter and place on the bottom of the cup cake tray cavity
After the bake , let the cakes cool completly
Dip the cakes into the meltecd chocolate
Few points to read before you bake :
1. I baked my cakes in a cup cake tray – that gave an even finish and made my baking easy. The Oreo cookie was also a perfect fit on the bottom of my cup cake tray cavities. Before you start, just try placing the Oreo cookie in the bottom and see that it fits.
2. I have use olive oil in the recipe, you can use butter; if you like. But using oil keeps the cakes moist even in the fridge.
3. There is apple sauce in the ingredients; For the apple sauce – In a saucepan; combine apples and little water. Cover and cook over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes, or until apples are soft. Allow to cool, then mash with a fork or potato masher.
4. Use a good quality chocolate and melt it on a double boiler. Or if melting in a microwave heat for 30 seconds and then stir and if needed,again heat for 15 seconds more. The chocolate must be cooled to room temperature before adding into the cake batter.
5. Lastly, measure the ingredients accurately, preheat the oven for at least 10 minutes, and don’t open the over door while baking.
[recipe title=[recipe title=” Eggless chocolate mini cakes ” time=” 40minutes” difficulty=”easy”]
1. 3/4th cup of all-purpose flour
2. 1 teaspoon of baking powder
3. 4 tablespoons of olive oil
4. 1/2 cup apple sauce
5. 1/2 cup of sugar
6. 2 tablespoons of hot water
7. 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
8. 1/8th teaspoon of salt
9. 100 gm of melted chocolate
10. Twelve Oreo cookies
Preheat the oven at 180* C ( 350*F) and prepare a cup cake tray, lined with paper cups. In a bowl; sift together flour, salt, baking powder and set aside. In an another bowl – whisk together apple sauce and sugar. Add in the melted chocolate (leaving some for dipping the tops of the baked cakes) and olive oil. Mix all the ingredients and add in the vanilla extract.
Mix the dry ingredients ( flour mix) into the chocolate apple mix and mix them all together using a rubber spatula. Don’t over mix the batter – if required add in the hot water. When the cake batter is ready, dip the Oreo cookie into the batter and place on the base of the cup cake tray cavity. Add a spoonful of the cake batter on the top of the Oreo. Do this for all the Oreos. Bake for 20 minutes at 180* C.
When done, let the cup cake tray cool on a wire rack. When cold, dip each cake into the melted chocolate and let it sit for some time to cool completely. Nowadays the weather is cold and my chocolate on the top of the cup cakes was firm in few minutes. But if you find it difficult to firm the chocolate, keep the cakes in the fridge for sometime. I have used a little of royal icing on the top to pipe the words Truth and Dare.
Lay a table and surprise the love of your life with a wonderful time, that has yummy food to play and enjoy. Make some wonderful memories 🙂 Happy Valentine.