We all love BROWNIES, I have a weakness for these chocolaty gooey goodness squares and the cream cheese swirls make these more appealing. I am calling these brownies my magical cream cheese brownies because my daughter named these yummies -Magical while reading her story book. There is something special in this recipe, seems to be a spell; cast on every single person who takes a bite. Seriously……….. must try making for the ones you love.
Magical Cream Cheese brownies with Tinker bell is one of my favorite picture. It happened while flipping the pages. Isn’t it cute.
The flavor is ultimate, super delicious you just can’t stop on one. Caution : Remember moderation is the key, when you have a box of these cream cheese brownies right in front of you. Stop at right time…………. close the box. The magic can have big effects on the hip areas. hehehehe 🙂
Brownie batter spread in the baking pan
Making these Magical Cream Cheese brownies is quite an easy task. Just follow the recipe and you can make these impressive looking brownies in your kitchen. I have use cream cheese in the recipe, you can buy from your local grocery store or can make your own Cream cheese at home Click on the link to see the recipe
Things to remember before making the Magical Cream Cheese brownies
1. Measure the ingredients accurately. No approximate ideas.
2. Ingredients are quick to mix, but while putting the cream cheese layer on the top and while giving a swirl effect, be gentle. don’t over do it, keep it simple.
3. Be sure to check the brownies before taking out of the oven. If under baked —– Sign- toothpick will have wet batter, and the Texture – will be dense and gummy. If over baked —— Sign- tooth pick will be completely clean, and the Texture – will be more cakey.
4. If I am confusing you; make sure that the tooth pick has few wet crumbs, when doing doneness test.
5. Chill the brownies before cutting them into squares. Will help you get clean cuts.
[recipe title=[recipe title=”Magical Cream Cheese brownies” time=”50 minutes” difficulty=”easy”]
1. 100 gm of unsalted butter (room temperature)
2. 100 gm of dark chocolate chopped
3. 1/2 cup of granulated white sugar
4. 2 large eggs (room temperature)
5. 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
6. 1 tablespoon baking powder
7. A dash of salt
8. 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
9. 2 tablespoon of milk
INGREDIENTS FOR CREAM CHEESE LAYER
1. 225 gm of cream cheese ( room temperature)
2. 60 gm of white granulated sugar
3. 1 large egg (room temperature)
4. 1/4th tablespoon of vanilla extract
Preheat the oven at 180* C and line a baking pan with parchment paper and keep aside. Place the chopped chocolate and butter in a heat proof bowl and melt over the double boiler. Take off from the heat and mix in the sugar and vanilla extract. I recommend using a rubber spatula for all kind of mixing.
Add the eggs one by one into the chocolate mix. Make sure that your chocolate is room temperature before adding the eggs. Stir in the flour, baking powder and salt then combine well until the batter is smooth and glossy. (If you find that the batter is too thick add in the milk as required).
Remove 1/2 cup of brownie batter and spread the remaining in the prepared baking pan and set aside. Now work on the cream cheese layer. In a clean bowl beat the cream cheese with an electric hand blender till you get smooth creamy texture. Over beating may result in very thin batter so avoid. Add the sugar, vanilla, and the egg and combine all together.
Spread the cream cheese filling over the brownie layer evenly using a off set spatula. Don’t dig in the brownie layer be careful. Spoon little dollops of reserved brownie batter in an uneven way over the top. Then use a wooden skewer to give the marble effect. Get creative with the artist in you. But no over doing, every strokes will rise a M.F. Hussian in you. Enjoy it!
Bake your creativity in a preheated oven at 180* C for about 30 minutes. Remember the toothpick test —- should have few moist crumbs. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack. Then cover and keep in the fridge for cooling completely before cutting into pieces.
Bake, Eat, Love and Enjoy!
More Magical Recipes