I have unceasingly used humbly divine potatoes almost every day in my kitchen. It is a common occurrence in a Punjabi vegetarian family. Also, they seem to fit in every form and combination with ease. Lucky me, my family loves this starch-rich comforting vegetable. So when I can’t think of what to cook, the answer is potatoes. Everyone is happy and I wishfully lean towards this magnificent time-saving vegetable.
If you are not marvelled at this inexpensive yet valuable asset of a vegetarian kitchen, you have probably not found a reliable recipe.
The way to attain the artistry brilliance of potatoes is in the method of cooking. You can easily mush them and turn them into flavourless, textureless gooey starchy, unappetising clumps. Or cook them to perfection to greater goodness. You have to try out this BBQ Baked Potatoes recipe, and you are sure to love it.
A perfectly well-made potato fries is a deliciously relevant example of potatoes well cooked. I have not met a person who could refuse on potato fries, which are crispy outside, hot and fluffy inside. By the way, I had written this article on how to make the perfect French fries at home. You can check it out. It keeps all the secrets of perfect french fries at home.
I have seen people making many mistakes in cooking potatoes and they stand at a locus of potato sceptic people. This BBQ Baked Potatoes recipe for example will make you an appreciator of potatoes. That is not my goal anyway, I just want to share a good recipe with you. If you make it and your family appreciates and love it, you are sure to be with me for a long time. This virtual connection with my readers is my strength. It keeps me going and brings me joy.
Moving forward with the BBQ Baked Potatoes recipe, it’s simple to make the recipe. You will not find any difficulty in making it. There is a video attached, so it gets easier for you to understand. I actually am getting better at making recipe videos. There was a time, I had this fixated mind, bracing the idea over and over again that making a video without a team is not possible. So never gave me the aim to try out. Thank Instagram, for starting reels. Which gave me the confidence to begin. You can follow me on Insta, in fact, you must follow me on Instagram because all my recipes and food tips are published first on my Insta page.
You can use the same method of cooking and recipe on sweet potatoes or any other vegetable and make them delicious BBQ …..
The BBQ sauce is the hero in the recipe, it’s so amazing. You can use the same sauce on any vegetable. Mix it with some mayo and serve BBQ mayonnaise with snacks.
The one thing, I would like to change in this recipe is the baking casserole. It was a wrong choice. The potatoes would have been better on a wide baking tray where they have the room and the hot air circulation of the oven will make them get crispy quickly and evenly.
So when you bake these bbq potatoes at home, use a baking tray instead of a baking casserole.
The recipe calls for smoked peprika. If you are not able to find it at the grocery store near your home here is the link for you to buy.
This one here is a good deal for an OTG for a small family.
BBQ Baked Potatoes
- 1 Baking tray
- 1 Mixing bowl
- 1 OTG
- 3-4 Parboiled potatoes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4th tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp oil to drizzle
For BBQ sauce
- 1 tsp oil
- 7-8 whole smashed garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4th cup tomato ketchup https://amzn.to/32pqfdo
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar https://amzn.to/3GYDhxs
- 1 tbsp soy sauce https://amzn.to/3IuLSs5
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp mustard sauce https://amzn.to/35j9Ate
- 1 tbsp brown sugar https://amzn.to/3fQwcTN
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika https://amzn.to/3rJUV1H
- Parboil potatoes mean that the potatoes are partially cooked in water, but removed before they were cooked all the way through. Once the potatoes get to room temperature, remove the skin and cut the wedges of it.
- Spread them on a baking tray and sprinkle some salt and crushed black pepper. Drizzle some cooking oil on the top and bake at 180*C for 20 minutes in a preheated oven. https://amzn.to/3qSBxjY
For BBQ sauce
- In a pan add very little oil, keep the heat on a low medium flame and add garlic and chopped onion.
- Sauté for a brief time, till you get a slight golden colour on them. Use a spatula to keep them moving in the pan for an even colour.
- Transfer this mix of garlic and onion into the cup of your blender. Now add tomato ketchup, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, mustard sauce, brown sugar, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Blend till you get a smooth consistency.
- Check on the seasoning and adjust if required. You can increase the spice ratio if desire. Pull out the potatoes from the oven and brush them with prepared BBQ sauce. https://amzn.to/3tPO75nBake again for 15 minutes or till you get the desired colour. Serve hot and enjoy!