It is no secret that a healthy body and mind will take you through life more efficiently. My professional life revolves around food. The days are spent in the kitchen creating, experimenting, tasting various varieties of foods. I try to deploy a balance all day long. It’s an exciting work zone. I believe controlling the portion size is the key to remain in shape, and is working for me.
At home, everyone is a fan of falafel. But I don’t really make it very often because deep-frying is a displeasurable affair for me. It is a rare activity. When we deep fry at home, we end up eating a lot more, the food literally absorbs the oil, and another concern is, what to do with that left-over oil in the wok which is reached till that smoking point where reusing it for cooking more food is distressing.
I have been doing a lot many recipes in my air-frier nowadays. This beet falafel is one of those recipes. It turns out delicious and I have used absolutely no oil to make these.
I won’t deny, you will miss that fatty, rich play of deliciousness when you eat these. The key is to combine these with various dips and fresh salad. The yogurt dip and the green dip redirect the whole experience. At home, these beet falafels were clutched in freshly made pita pockets with fresh salad and plenty of dips.
The recipe is very simple, you just need to add all the ingredients in a food processor, shape them and air fry them.
The recipe of the dips are here
No Oil Beet falafel
- Air Frier
- Food Processor
- 1 Cup Overnight soaked chickpea https://amzn.to/3um4hA5
- 1 handful of fresh coriander
- A few cloves of garlic
- 2 small onions (roughly chopped)
- 1 medium size Beetroot (roughly Chopped)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder https://amzn.to/3wy9ZjN
- 1 tsp coarsely crushed coriander seeds https://amzn.to/3fmtYwb
- 1 tsp coarsely crushed jeera (cumin seeds) https://amzn.to/34fB3bw
- 2 tbsp Chickpea flour https://amzn.to/3virDb3
- How to soak chickpea: Take 1/2 a cup of chickpea. Cover them in plenty of water and add a pinch of baking soda to help soften them as they soak. Keep them overnight. The chickpeas will at least double in size as they soak. Add soaked chickpea, fresh coriander, garlic, onion, beetroot, salt, red chili, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, and chickpea flour in a food processor. https://amzn.to/3uilHxj
- Pulse a little bit at a time until the mixture is ground. You’ll know it’s ready when the texture is more like a coarse meal. Don't make a paste of the mix, by continually running the blender.
- Shape the falafel into small balls and refrigerate for 20 minutes. OrTransfer the falafel mixture to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight. The chilled mixture will hold together better, making it easier to form the falafel patties.
- The next step is to place the shaped falafels in your air fryer and cook for 20 minutes at 180 *. Or you can deep fry the shaped falafels if you desire. Serve them hot with different dips and fresh salad in pita bread pockets. https://amzn.to/3oQV8yg It is an absolutely satisfying, delicious meal choice. Enjoy!