Beautiful and ridiculous indulgent Oreo Fudge is the recipe today. I don’t want to sound obsessed but the fact is its CHOCOLATE, it’s easy and quick to prepare, your family (especially kids) is gonna be very happy and will love you more, it can be prepared and kept in the fridge for unexpected guest/friends and turns out very handy when serving with coffee or as a dessert after dinner, it makes a great gift too.
The Oreo gives the fudge a nice texture + flavour and also adds to the richness of the chocolates. I suggest using good quality chocolate because fudge is all about chocolate and untimely good ingredient quality will speak out in the end result. If you have any queries on the chocolate I have shared all the tips, tricks, ideas, brands available and even the suppliers here in this post
Hope this will be helpful for you all. Still, if you have any other query drop in the comments. I will get back to you with an answer
Here are some important points for you to go through before going ahead with the recipe:
1. Whether you are making a small batch or a big batch it is very important to chop your chocolate into small pieces, for even and glossy melt.
Morphy Richards 20 L Solo Microwave Oven (20 MS, Black)
One idea is to use a double boiler to melt the ingredients and another idea is to Microwave them. You can go ahead with any of these methods to melt the chocolate, just make sure to stir the chocolate at regular intervals when melting. Nobody wants to burn the gorgeous chocolate.
Nestle Milkmaid, 400g
2. The first step is to start with condensed milk, heat a little and when it’s warmed up and is nice and loose in consistency, add few pieces of chopped chocolate and keep stirring, eventually, you will end up with a nice glossy chocolate sauce mixture.
3. When using double boiler make sure no evaporated water should enter the chocolate bowl. When using microwave make sure you stir the mix in regular 30-second intervals. If you are a white chocolate fan you can go ahead with that instead of dark chocolate.
You can also mix some broken pieces of Oreo cookies in the fudge mix. I opted for a layer of broken Oreos on the bottom of my pan and it looked gorgeous.
4. I like to line my pans with parchment paper so I can lift out the fudge easily when set. Please do the same.
5. You can also add some flavouring to the fudge, especially when you are making it for a friend. Add his or her favourite flavours. A few drops of extract like mint, almond or orange to make it more interesting.
Cups Dark Chocolate Chopped
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 tablespoon of butter room temperature
12 Oreos – crushed into big chunks
Mini Oreo Cream-filled Sandwich Biscuits, Chocolate, 67g [Pack Of 2, Travel Pack & Easy to Carry]
A dash of salt
Line a square 9×9 pan with parchment paper and spread crushed Oreos evenly on bottom of the pan. Set it aside.
In a microwave-safe bowl; heat the condensed milk until warm and runny. Start adding chopped chocolate pieces and keep string at regular intervals.
Add salt and butter. Stir until chocolate is smooth. Microwave 15 seconds more if necessary.Transfer mixture into prepared pan and spread into an even layer.
Let it sit at room temperature for some time, then refrigerate at least 4 hours to set. Don’t forget to cover.
Remove fudge with the help of parchment paper from pan. Cut fudge into bite-sized pieces and serve.