Maggi is a childhood buddy to most of us, Do you remember eating those long strands of noodles slurping into the mouth when eating Maggi; and making all sorts of noises? True Pleasures of being a child!
I have a soft corner for Maggi as it was the first dish I learned to cook. Ratatouille Maggi in a bowl is a very interesting and quick way to have a good time with this buddy again. Or I should say I gave a makeover to Maggi, a healthy makeover.
Maggi noodles when served with basil tomato sauce along with roasted colorful vegetables is absolute yumm. It a must try recipe. I made Ratatouille Maggi in a bowl for dinner and to give more texture to the dish; served thin slices of toasted bread.
When in Paris Disneyland, I had this ride called Ratatouille. I felt like a mouse who is hunting for food trying to escape all the dangers. This yumm idea is inspired by that experience of ratatouille.
I could not take pictures during ride, but this is how it looks from out 🙂
Points to read before you start are very few, have a quick read:
1. Do not over cook the noodles, read the instructions on the packet. Do not add the Maggi masala when cooking noodles. Keep that packet to use some other time.
2. Do not over cook the vegetables. the thinner you slice the less time it takes to cook when baking.
3. Tomato basil sauce is really yumm, and you can make it a day before and keep in the fridge.
4. You can grate some Parmesan cheese before serving; it will enhance the flavor very well. I skipped the cheese part because just came back from my cheesy Zurich holiday. Need to loose few kilos 🙁
5. Serve it hot and yumm and I think serving in the bowls makes more sense.