Cute looking, bite size cheese biscuits.
A quick and very yummy snack; that can be put together in flat 30 minutes. Awesome! Say Cheese – means
1. Biscuits have lots of cheese; which will make you happy
2. Biscuits are quick to make; which will make you double happy
3. Biscuits are super delicious; which will make you super happy. -The first cheesy pop in the mouth will make you Say Cheese.
My Kids have exams going on, which is keeping me away from my blogs. So I am on a hyper mode (Like many mummies). Heheheheh. I really really really wanted to post; but was not able (exams are very important too). I love my bachas 🙂 muaaaaaa They are my angels. Love you my nits 🙂 Love you my Yatu 🙂 Ok, ok now back to cheese biscuits: Say Cheese.
I am sitting alone and its quarter to twelve, Pranav and kids are sleeping, but I am on my Go Pooja , Go, write your blog mode. Check out the picture- What do you think?
Couldn’t stop myself eating right from the tray; all HOT HOT HOT
These biscuits are light, flaky and buttery with yumm cheesiness; Very additive, you will keep munching on without realizing. I served these with my curry wurst sauce. Remember the blog post of vegetarian recipe Quick snack – curry wurst. I am sharing the recipe of the sauce in this post as well, because I have made few changes to make it taste more yum.
You can make the sauce or give it a skip; all up to you.These Say cheese – cheese biscuits are delicious any ways. One more thing- I have used fresh basil and black olives and Cheddar cheese. You can substitute Cheddar cheese with Parmesan or feta, which ever is easy available. For basil and black olives again you can go for chives or scallions. Or you can try any combination of flavors you like. Go ahead and please share – let me know how it worked.
Knead the dough gently 🙂 as if you are; holding your new born
I carefully placed some pieces of olives and cheese over the top, before baking
Few points to remember – as usual : Say Cheese
1 . Be ready to mess your hand, because this recipe does not require any equipment. A mixing bowl and hand, that’s it.
2 . Why I tell you to use hands, reason being hands will handle the dough delicately. And you will get puffy delicate layers, which is the ultimate flavor and texture you want while baking biscuits.
3. The butter you use, make sure its cold. This will give the biscuits plenty of rise and rich flavor.
4 . If you place the biscuits closer to each other on the baking tray, you will get soft sided biscuits. If you are looking for crisp crust on the top as well as on the sides, space them almost 1 1/2 inch part.
5. The dough can be frozen and kept in an airtight box for several weeks. Just prepare the dough then cut the size and shape you want, place on a tray and freeze them for sometime. When its hard enough, (to not loose the shape), you can take out and dump them in an airtight container, which makes the next bake easy.
If you like to try more flavors of sauces here is link to Homemade subway sauces