Eggless and with Eggs Lemon curd RecipesJune 1, 2018
101 Sandwich Ideas -1June 9, 2018
Previous Ideas – Click here
101 Sandwich Ideas
- Nutrie keema cheese – Saute chopped onions, green chillies, ginger and garlic. Add chopped tomatoes, chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and salt. Saute until tomatoes become mushy. Add thick yoghurt and saute for a few more minutes. Add coarsely ground cooked soya chunks Nutrela Chunks, 1Kg and cook over medium heat until all the moisture evaporates and the mixture becomes dry. Spread the stuffing between two slices and add a cheese slice. Toast on a hot pan with butter till golden on both sides.
- Open corn and cheese sandwich – Sautéed exotic vegetables of your choice and add boiled corn, layer it on a sliced bread along with cheese and bake.
- Open-faced beet sandwich – beetroot adds a welcome earthy sweetness. Some cream cheese on the base and top it up with grilled beet slices and micro greens.
- Open garlic chilly toast – To the grated processed cheese add boiled corn, green chillies, chopped coriander, black pepper, garlic paste, salt along with a tbsp of milk. Mix and apply on toasted bread slices. Sprinkle some chilli flakes on top of them. And bake at 200* C for 4 to 5 minutes. Serve hot.
- Oven roasted tomatoes with French fries – This is another classic kids would love to indulge in. Add minced oven roasted tomatoes on a butter bread slice and pile up with baked or fried potato fries. Oven roasted tomatoes – cut the tomatoes into halves lengthwise. Place cut-side up on a baking sheet, season with salt and let stand 20 minutes. Roast in a 120*C until slightly dry but still juicy, about 4 hours. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with thyme.
- Paneer toasty – Paneer bhurji between two slices of bread and toasted in a sandwich maker. Morphy Richards SM3006(G) 750-Watt Grill Sandwich Toaster (Silver and Black)This makes a filling and nutritious breakfast.
- Pavbaji toasty – This is yumlicious – my kids love it. Spread some pav baji between two slices of bread and sprinkle some shredded cheese and grill!
- Peanut Butter & Apple – Peanut butter Sundrop Peanut Butter, Crunchy, 924g with thinly sliced apple as a sandwich is a great combo for kids. Make sure yo use good quality apples.
- Peanut Butter & Banana – Making a healthier version by replacing jam or jelly with sweet banana makes it delicious.
- Peanut Butter & Jam – My favourite, I just love this classic combo.
- Peri Peri vegetable special – Bell peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, baby corn and cottage cheese cubs saute them slightly in butter and add spicy peri-peri sauce.AS CHEFS COOK Peri Peri Stir-Fry Sauce Sandwich the mix between two slices of bread and grill. serve hot. You can add some cheese to make it sensational, this makes friends more hungry.
- Peri-Peri mayo sandwich – Add peri-peri masala to mayo and spread Veeba Peri Peri Sauce, 300g it on a slice of bread. Top with the veggies of your choice and enjoy.
- Pesto cheese – Make pesto Wingreens Farms Basil Pesto 150 GR and spread in on sliced bread along with cheese and toast in a sandwich maker. This sandwich is delicious without grilling too.
- Pickled olives, with cottage cheese – Pickle olives – Mix together salt, vinegar, hot red peppers, garlic cloves, sprigs of rosemary or thyme, black pepper, bay leaves, along with olives Fragata Spanish Plain Green Olives 450g in a bowl. Pour the mix into a jar and cover the top with plenty of olive oil to exclude air and prevent spoilage. Olives with a tangy spicy kick will be ready in a day. This is a great add-on to any sandwich. For now let’s mix it with cottage cheese, mayo. You can add more veggies according to the choice. Spread it between two slices of bread and enjoy.
- Pineapple cheese – very classy, spread cheese and drained chopped tinned pineapple slices and serve. This makes an amazing picnic and birthday at home snack.
- Peri-peri potato cheese sandwich – Brush sliced potatoes with melted butter. Sprinkle peri-peri masala over the potato. Keya Piri Piri, 80g Bake for almost 15 minutes, at 200*C, depending on the thickness of the potatoes. Once done lay a bed of baked peri-peri potatoes on a slice of bread and top with shredded cheese, lay another slice on the top and grill till the cheese is melted and its golden brown and yum.
- Pizza sandwich – spread pizza sauce Veeba Marinara Pizza and Pasta Sauce, 310g or arrabbiata sauce or simply add herbs to Tomato Puree over a bread slice. Top with veggies of your choice chilli flakes and oregano. Add mozzarella cheese, and cover with another slice of bread. Grill it.
- Potato salad – In a bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, cream, Dijon mustard, whole grain mustard, parsley, salt, pepper with small diced boiled potato. Spread it between the slices of bread and make a yummy treat.
- Ricotta-Orange Cut whole-wheat bread into squares. Sandwich with fresh ricotta cheese and orange marmalade.
- Roadside potato sandwich – This is a simple stuffed sandwich with potatoes and onions mixture, Simply mix boiled mashed potatoes with chopped onions, coriander, green chillies, salt and chaat masala. Toast it in the sandwich maker and serve hot.
- Roadside potato sandwich chinese versions – Heat the oil/butter in a kadhai, add chopped ginger-garlic, red chilli paste and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds. Add the cubed boiled potatoes, capsicum, cabbage, coriander and salt, mix well and sauté. Add chopped spring onion. Spread it between two slices and toast in a sandwich maker.
- Roadside vegetable grill– Bread and Amul cheese with chopped up vegetables and chilli-coriander chutney. Mix, spread between two slices and grill.
- Roasted Vegetable special sandwich – Spread goat cheese on the bottom half of a split bread loaf. Add sun-dried tomato pesto on the top half. Fill with roasted eggplant and zucchini slices and roasted red pepper strips. Cut into pieces. And serve. To make Sun-dried tomato pesto – Add basil leaves, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes Green Roots Sun Dried Tomatoes 100gms, salt, and black pepper. Pulse in a food processor. Pesto is not meant to be extra smooth, so don’t over process the ingredients. Add the parmesan cheese. Again, pulse a few times to blend through the cheese. Add more olive oil if you’d like a more wet pesto. Be careful not to add too much.
- Roasted Vegetables with hung yoghurt – Filling, delicious and my favourite is a slice of Rey Bread for this sandwich.
- Russian salad sandwich – slightly butter bread slices. Combine boiled veggies (carrot, peas, beans) canned chopped pineapple, mayo, cream chopped boiled potatoes. Season with salt and pepper.Wingreens Farms Jalapeno Cheese Dip 150 GR you can add in a special touch with jalapeno cheese dip. Spread the mix between buttered sliced bread and enjoy.
- Salsa and chips – This is funny but yummy. Apply some seasoned cream cheese on a sliced bread and top it with potato fries, and cove it with another slice of bread. Enjoy it with delicious tomato salsa Aamra Spicy Salsa 180g.
- Samosa sandwich – On a slice of buttered bread, apply some green chutney and sandwiched with a flattened samosa. Toast it in a sandwich maker and serve hot.
- Schezwan cheese (with veggies and plain) – In a bowl add capsicum, onion, coriander, Schezwan sauce Wingreens Farms Schezwan Chilli Garlic Sauceand mix well. Spread butter on the bread and put the schezwan mixture and cover it with shredded cheese and another slice of bread. Grill Inalsa Maxgrill-2000 Watt Multifunction Sandwich/Contact Grill (Black/Grey)and serve hot
- Spiced chickpea Pattie sandwich – Mash boiled chickpeas. Add mashed boiled potatoes, breadcrumb, salt, cumin seeds, black pepper, cilantro green chilli, ginger and salt. Mix and shape patties. Shallow fry the patties from both sides until golden brown. Slice the bread, coat with butter and lightly toast the bread rolls from both sides over the skillet. Spread yoghurt dip or mayo, lettuce, chickpea Pattie, beet ribbon. Cover with the top bun. This is healthy if you use multigrain bread. I have also made Frankies, using whole wheat roti with the same chickpea patties. And my kids love it.
- Spiced potato and cheese toasties with Tomato chilli jam – I have had this once at a friend’s home. And absolutely loved it. Saute some boiled, chopped potatoes with cumin seeds and salt. Place them on a buttered bread and add cheese on the top. Cover with another slice of bread and grill. For Tomato chilly jam – place tomato, chilli and garlic in the jug of a blender Wonderchef 400 Watt Nutri-Blend, Blackand blend until smooth. Transfer chilli mixture to a medium saucepan. Add the sugar, vinegar, ginger, and season with sea salt flakes. Bring to the boil over high heat.
- Spinach corn – saute boiled corn for 1 minute in butter. Add black pepper, salt chopped spinach and cook. Add a spoonful of maida and saute for a 1-2 minute till it’s all toasted. Add milk, keep stirring. Add Italian seasoning, red chilli flakes and garlic powder. Stir to combine. Let it all cook for 2 minutes or till milk dries up and mixture looks like a paste. Spread the prepared spinach corn mixture on bread slices. Top with cheese (optional). Grill and serve hot.
- Spinach corn open sandwich – Sautéed spinach with garlic, salt and pepper. Mix boiled corn and chopped green onion. Spread it on a bread slice and top with mozzarella and bake and serve hot.
- Spinach potato sandwich – Heat oil, add cumin seeds, chopped onions and saute until translucent. Add chopped spinach, salt, cook for few minutes. Now add the cubed potatoes, garam masala powder and pepper powder, cook everything in simmer until everything gets well cooked, turn off the stove. Spread between two slices and toast in a sandwich maker.
- Spring special sandwich – make chickpea salad – mix together boiled chickpea, coriander, whole grain mustard, mayo, salt and pepper. Spread some whole grain mustard on bread bun (sliced in half). Top with lettuce and a generous amount of chickpea salad, mound with sliced cucumber, carrots and sprouts. Top with bun top and enjoy!
- Sweet Potato slice toast – Slice sweet potato 1/4th inch thick. pop them in the toaster. You can tell they are ready when the sweet potato is tender with a few browned spots. Spread sweet potato “toast” with any toast like toppings you like. Cream cheese, garlic and rosemary butter, pesto cheese, spiced butter, just play around.
- Taleggio-Pear – Brush softened butter inside a split baguette. Fill with fig jam Mackays Fig Preserve, 340g, sliced pears, cheese, and salt and pepper. Cut into pieces and serve.
- Tandoori Paneer Sandwich – Cubed paneer tossed in a Tandoori Mayo AS CHEFS COOK Smoky Tandoori Tikka Masala(200 G) (fusion of mayonnaise with traditional Indian spices) and chaat masala. Add cucumber, tomatoes, lettuce and onions along with Tandoori panner between the sliced loaf bread and grill. You can add more sauces and cheese to make it more delicious.
- Tomato Marmalade sandwich – blanch, remove the skin and deseed and chop tomatoes. Cook tomatoes, sugar, cinnamon stick and ginger with a squeeze of lemon juice over medium flame. Avoid scorching and cook till marmalade consistency. You need sugar for the kind of gooey, sticky quality One cup sugar for a kg of tomatoes. Spread this jam on a slice of a buttered bread and enjoy the sandwich.
- Tomato Paste, Cheese spread – Use grilled tomatoes and coarsely chop it. Spread in on sliced bread and spread cheese on the other slice of the bread. Join them and eat.
- Triple cheese and apple sandwich – I love this one. If it wouldn’t have been that fattening, I would indulge every day. All three cheese and thin slices of green apple. Grill the sandwich until nice and crisp. Serve hot
- Triple cheese ultimate sandwich– quick, easy and total comfort food, and with three types of cheese melted together. Its everyone’s favourite and is the most deliciously gooey treat. Pair mature Cheddar, processed cheese and mozzarella, and grill until crisp until crisp.
- Triple Decker – would consist of four slices of bread with three layers of fillings. Triple decker can have any of the sandwich filling mentioned here.
- Vada Pav sandwich – What can I say about this one. We Mumbaikars love it and hate it – Maharashtrian origin, the vada pav is a very popular Indian street food snack, consisting of spiced, deep-fried potato ball garnished with various chutneys.
- Veg submarine – A wholesome sandwich with veg patty tomato, onion, cucumber, lettuce, mayo and pesto spread.
- Vegetable goodness Mediterranean style – Feta, cucumber, red peppers, red onions, lettuce, cherry tomato with creamy Mediterranean dressing makes the delicious sandwich too. To make dressing – mix 2 tbsp red wine vinegar, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 1 clove garlic, minced, 1/2 tsp dried oregano, 1/2 tsp kosher salt, 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper, 1/2 cup olive oil, 3 tbsp plain Greek yoghurt or (hung yoghurt)
- All ideas mentioned above have been tried by me sometime or other in my life. This post was a simple collection of flavours and textures that work well together. I am sure there are many more ideas we can play around. Do suggest me your ideas and I will keep adding to the list with your name and reference. Let’s have a biggest sandwich idea post.
More Sandwich Ideas – click here