Broccoli Soup with Toasted Walnuts is my first heathy and delicious food idea this women’s week.
This women’s day lets take a step towards health. Most women over look this very important part of our everyday life — Our Own Health.
It’s never too early or late to work towards being your healthiest you! I am gonna make this a Women’s Health Week on this blog, and I will be sharing only healthy quick recipes for all you lovely strong awesome ladies. Lets inspire positive change.
So very very quickly, today is Broccoli soup with walnuts. Both Broccoli and walnuts are packed with health. Couple of things to read:
2. When you sauté onions and garlic, don’t let them brown. Keep the flame on low and cook till translucent. Browning will change the color of the soup from pretty looking green to some weird looking darker shade.
3. Don’t over cook the broccoli. Turn off the heat and get your blender out to puree the soup. Tip: Gordon Ramsay says — Your broccoli is finished cooking when you can pierce it with little or no effort.
4. Another inspiring idea was to try topping this soup with some lightly browned and seasoned broccoli florets and some toasted walnuts. They’re kinda like croutons, but they taste even better. Healthy me and healthy you.
5. To blend the soup you can either use a hand blender or your regular mixer will do the job. I prefer the creamy version of my soup so my blender ran till the time soup was clean and creamy. You can leave some chunks, as per choice. Tip : Hand blender will take long time for a fine mash. Use a mixer if you are looking for smooth silk like texture.
6. Don’t directly add the prepared soup to the blender, it can be dangerous. Wait till it cool down.
2. A drizzle of melted butter
3. 4 garlic cloves, minced
4. One small onion chopped
5. 1 cup vegetable broth or broccoli broth
6. 1 teaspoon salt /more to taste
7. 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, more to taste
2. 2 teaspoon of jawar flour
3. 1/4th cup of milk /may be little more to loosen the consistency
4. Some toasted walnuts and small florets of broccoli / slightly toasted in few drops of butter
Cut broccoli into florets. In a pot over medium heat, bring water to a boil. Add in broccoli florets, reduce heat to medium, and parboil until fork tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and transfer broccoli to a bowl and set aside. Save the water and use it as broccoli broth.
In a pan, heat butter and sauté onion and garlic for 1 minute over low flame. Add in the broccoli and sauté for couple of seconds.
Add in the broccoli broth, bring to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
Using an immersion blender, blend soup until smooth.
Season with salt, pepper, add the broccoli florets and some toasted walnuts. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.