Brownies are my strong point and my weak point. Strong point because I never fail in making every batch the best batch. Weak point because I can’t resist over indulging in this sweet, dark, deep, chocolaty, fudgy, rich, sinful beauties. ( Too many adjectives ). Rum and Raisin Brownie is the recipe today : I am baking these for friends and we are gonna have a blast on new years eve. Happy to be with dear friends and good food at the beginning of the new year.
These brownies are super easy to make and you will get them right ; just perfect. I had soaked my raisins in Rum (“friends”you know) , but it’s truly optional for you. The brownies will come out gorgeously yummy any which way you make them. Hey ! you can make them with walnuts, hazelnuts, chocolate chips; whatever is available in the kitchen cabinet.
My memories with Rum and Raisins are mostly with Theobroma. My heart lives in that bakery. Every time I pass through that area; its fragrant, it’s beautiful, it’s enticing to my senses. But my Rum and Raisin Brownies are no less yummy than Theobroma’s – I proudly say that. You got to give it a try; then you will realize.
Points to read :
1. There are individual preferences when we talk about brownies, some like them fudgy and some like them more cakey with more airier interior. The ingredients in both the recipes are same, only the ratio varies, for example – the recipe with more chocolate and less flour will make more fudgy brownie. This recipe is of a fudgy one.
2. Use good quality ingredients, especially the chocolate.
3. We will need to melt the chocolate on double boiler, (no short cuts). Remember to wait for the chocolate to cool down before adding eggs into the mix. Chocolate scrambled eggs are not yumm, when you wish to make a brownie.
4. Overbaking will kill that fudgy gooeyness in your brownies. and Underbaked brownies will just melt , they will not even hold the shape. So for the perfect baked Brownies,Look for some moist crumbs clinging to the tooth pick, when you check on doneness of the brownies.
5. Let the brownies cool completely before you cut into pieces. Done , it’s an easy recipe , there is nothing much to it.