Carrot Cake is a wonderfully moist and delicious cake. Its raining and I am having a piece of Carrot Cake – Egg Less right now with my coffee; and it is absolutely wow. The recipe is pretty easy to follow, with 100% success. The Carrot Cake will turn up fantastic; even if it is egg less. All thanks to hung curd which works amazing in most of the egg less versions of cake.
Beautiful strands of grated carrots, peeping in between every slice of Carrot cake, not only makes the cake look amazing but actually adds so much sweetness and moisture to the cake.
I had made a Carrot Cake— 24 karat gold Carrot Cake. Its is quite a playful, interesting and of course delicious idea. Another way to celebrate a very classic cake with a twist. Here is the link to the recipe
For the Carrot Cake -Egg less – Few points to remember before you start to bake –
1. First of all use fresh carrots and grate them home. While grating make sure that the shreds are extra fine. Because you don’t want to have huge chunks of carrots in your soft pieces of cake.
2. Measuring the ingredients accurately is very important.
3. I have used oil instead of butter in this recipe and the cake turned out softer and moist. Use a flavorless oil, so that it will not affect the taste of the cake.
4. Walnuts provide a wonderful texture to the cake; you can roast the walnut before chopping and that gives a wonderful aroma. Or you can use almonds, hazel nuts, or whatever is easily available.
5. Cinnamon gives a very comforting flavor to the cake. It kinds of mingles to the taste. If you want, you can use nutmeg as well.
6. Mix the carrots and walnuts in the end, Use a rubber spatula to do the job and don’t over mix the batter.
7. Enjoy! every time you bake. Food is always delicious, when cooked with love and joy.
[recipe title=[recipe title=”Carrot Cake Egg Less” servings=”8″ time=”1 hour” difficulty=”easy”]
1. Two cups of all purpose flour
2. One teaspoon of baking soda
3. Two teaspoons of baking powder
4. One teaspoon of cinnamon powder
5. A dash of salt
6. 2 cups of finely grated carrots
7. 1/2 Cup of hung curd
8. 1/4 cup of milk
9. 1 and 1/2 cup of granulated white sugar
10. 1 cup of flavorless oil
11. 2 tablespoons of vanilla extracts
12. 50 gm of chopped walnuts
Preheat the oven at 180*C and butter a cake pan, then line with a parchment paper. Peel and finely grate the carrots and keep aside.
In a bowl; sift together the dry ingredients ( flour, baking soda , baking powder, salt, cinnamon) and keep aside. In another bowl, whisk oil and sugar together till combined. Add in the curd with vanilla extract and whisk again. Now add in half of the dry ingredients and combine using a rubber spatula. Pour in the milk and rest of the dry ingredients, and mix all the batter together.
Fold in the carrots and chopped walnuts and mix well. But do not over mix. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle some chopped walnuts over the top. Then bake for 30 minutes, at 180* C. Or till a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
When done let the cake cool on a wire rack. Remove from the pan and peel off the parchment paper. Do not cut the cake when it is hot; let the flavors mingle and cool down. You can serve this cake the very day you bake, but carrot cake is always more yummy the next day just like the banana cake. You guys can visit the recipe of egg less banana cake as well. Here is the link