Whoopie pie are small round mound shaped cake cookies; sandwiched together with cream filling. I think they are very cute and delicious. And the small servings are just right, for any occasion . Serve these Chocolaty Eggless Whoopie pies, when you have friends with kids, at your home. Or take these whoopie pies along for a long journey treat. Eggless Whoopie pies will definitely be a fuss free impressive dessert.
Earlier I had posted a recipe of Red velvet whoopie pies- But many readers wanted a recipe of eggless whoopie pie; This one is equally fantastic, I used sour cream instead of eggs- which works as a magical ingredient; The whoopie pie turned out to be super soft and delicious. But if you are looking for red velvet whoopie pie- Click on the link Red velvet whoopie pie
Whoopie pies are very comfortable to make, I mean these do not require any cake pans or fancy equipment. A quick recipe to make and will get finished from the serving tray more quickly; especially if you have kids, Kidos will have a whoopie smiles –
LOVE U WHOOPIE PIE
Whoopie pies can be made in variety of flavors and the possibilities are end less. From chocolate to vanilla, peanut butter or even pumpkin. I am sharing a recipe of eggless whoopie pie. I baked beautiful, pillowy chocolaty cake discs and sandwiched them with cream cheese frosting, and it is such a classic combo of flavorful joy. A bit of melted chocolate on top made them look more inviting.
If you really love to bake a cake or cup cake at home and those designs or swirls always gives you a tough time; You must try making Whoopie pie. Very easy to make and assemble and it will definitely be a success. If you want to give whoopie pie a quick try, these can be made with the left over cake mix as well.
A great whoopie pie should be soft, light, and fluffy. The frosting should be creamy and yummy.
Few tips to have delicious looking Red Velvet Whoopie pie at home –
1. As the whoopie pie is very small, it does not take long to bake. so stick to the time mentioned in the recipe for baking. Because over baking will make these dry.
2. Use an ice-cream scoop to put small heaps of the cake batter on the parchment paper. This will give you uniformity in size. However, if you don’t have an ice cream scoop, use two spoons, and make sure that every time you scoop out almost th same amount of batter.
3. You can store unfilled cakes in an air tight container; at room temperature.
4. You can use a piping bag to fill the cookies or even a spoon would work just fine.
5. Keep the filling in the fridge for sometime before assembling the cookies. A runny filling will be difficult to manage. If you have runny filling – add more icing sugar. or if the filling is too stiff add a spoon of milk.
6. If you don’t find sour cream; full fat natural yogurt will be a good substitute. I recommend let the yogurt sit in a strainer lined with a muslin cloth for 30 minutes, so the watery liquid will drip out and the yogurt will be thicker.
[recipe title=[recipe title=”Eggless Whoopie pie” servings=”12″ time=”1 hour” difficulty=”easy”]
1. One cup of all-purpose flour
2. 1/4th cup of cocoa powder
3. 1/2 cup of granulated white sugar
4. 1/2 tablespoon of baking powder
5. 1/4 tablespoon of baking soda
6. 100 gm of unsalted butter ( room temperature)
7. 100 gm of sour cream
10. One teaspoon of vanilla extract
11. A pinch of salt
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CREAM CHEESE FILLING
1. 50 gm of unsalted butter ( room temperature)
2. 70 gm of cream cheese ( room temperature)
3. 2oo gm of icing sugar
4. One teaspoon of vanilla extract
Pre heat the oven at 180*C and line a baking tray with parchment paper. In a large bowl sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside.
In another bowl beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. If your butter is soft enough; you can easily beat these together with a hand whisk. Other wise you can use your electric hand mixer. Add vanilla extract and beat well. Now alternately add the dry ingredients and sour cream. Fold in all the ingredients and mix the batter well.
Scoop out the cake batter, using an ice-cream scoop, on the prepared baking tray – spacing about 2 inches apart. Smooth out the tops with a wet finger. Bake for about 9 to 10 minutes. When done place on the wire rack to cool.
METHOD FOR THE CREAM CHEESE FILLING
In a mixing bowl beat the softened butter and cream cheese together using an electric hand mixer until soft and fluffy. Add in the vanilla extract. Gradually beat in the sugar and continue to beat untill soft and creamy. Keep the prepared filling in the fridge.
Pipe a tablespoon of filling on the flat side of the cookie and top with the other cookie. And you can make your whoopie pie more gorgeous with a drizzle of melted chocolate on the top – Get a fork and some melted chocolate, you can be very creative. ENJOY!