Healthy Gluten-Free Rose Pistachio Chocolate Cake is the recipe today. Healthy because no refined flour and no refined sugar are used in the making of this delicious cake. For the fat, I have just used 2 tablespoons of butter. Yet, I managed to win on the gooey texture, very similar to a fudge cake.
If you are like me (Punjabi types) who look forward to something sweet after a meal. And at the same time, you are trying to control your intake of calories. You must consider giving a try to this recipe. This is one of my favourite indulgences too.
As a friend, I must tell you, Healthy does not mean, that you can overindulge. Healthy means, the food you are consuming have some nutritional value along with the calories. The junk food is often referred as empty calories… Every food we consume has calories….. so Be conscious…
For the flour, I have used a healthy gluten-free flour with the name Kwik mix. It’s a Gluten-Free, Protein-Rich, Healthy flour. The flour is a mix of —
- Banana flour – is a probiotic, high in RS -2 starch, ideal for diabetics n celiac patients.
- Jowar flour – high in proteins, dietary fibre, calcium, iron, potassium, phosphorus.
- Brown rice flour – high in magnesium; good for the heart, aids digestion, helps circulation
- Tapioca flour – aids digestion, helps circulation.
The recipe is very easy to prepare. This is a picture for your reference, to see the consistency of the prepared cake batter.
200 gm of chocolate If possible, use couverture (real chocolate) instead of a compound one for a gorgeous shine and brilliant taste.
2 tablespoons of butter
Flax seeds paste – Grind two teaspoons of flax seeds and soak them in 7-8 teaspoons of warm water for 15 minutes
Truefarm Foods Organic Flaxseed Powder, 250g
Dates paste – Soak 25 dates in hot water for 30-45 minutes and then mash them in a grinder.
1 cup of Kwik mix flour cup of
1/2 cup of almond flour
Urban Platter Natural Almond Flour, 200g [Gluten-Free, Low-carb, Unblanched]
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
Some chopped pistachio (I prefer salted ones)
Amazon Brand – Solimo Premium Roasted and Salted California Pistachios, 250g
Dry rose Patels
Vision Fresh Organic Dry Red Rose Petals 100 Gram
- Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler. Be extra cautious and do not burn the chocolate.
- Add dates paste and flax seeds paste; mix the ingredients well.
- Add kiwi mix flour, baking powder and almond flour along with chopped pistachio. Mix everything well.
- Take a baking tin and line it with parchment paper and pour the prepared batter.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven, at 180* degrees C for 22-24 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy a healthy treat.