Bundt Cake is one of those cakes I love baking and indulging. There is no frosting, no decor – just a simple and delicious cake, yet so beautiful. My Super Moist Bundt Cake is intensely flavorful; its like one of those heavenly foods. Clean and pure, simple and beautiful, a best marriage between vanilla and chocolate on the plate. A TRUE BAKE, WITH TRUE FLAVORS. I think I am in love with this cake.
Bundt is an American name for a German Coffee Cake. Traditionally baked into a bundt pan, that gives the cake a distinctive ring shape. The bundt pan has a center tube; the tube conducts extra heat to the middle of the cake allowing the cake to bake evenly. Here is a link to an amazing collection of bundt pans.
This visually appealing sculpted Super Moist Bundt Cake gave me a very happy day. Pranav said hummm, awesome, beautiful; I love you – on the very first bite. Nitya was not ready to hold-on till the pictures were done, but eventually my darling good daughter, agreed to wait till mummy finishes her pictures. Yati was all over the place, as usual; she was ready to participate in the process of photos for the blog. I was given end number of ideas for the photos. Some of them were really weird and were inspired by princess stories.
I could have made the marble style cake, or a zebra style cake in my bundt cake pan with the same cake mix, but I went with Chocolate layer sitting on the top. That is the beauty of my Super Moist Bundt Cake; specially with the dusting of sugar on the top. You can also try with different ideas of combining the chocolate and vanilla cake mix. May be a layer in the center or on the bottom.
Cake is yummy – there is no doubt in that, You will love it and there is no doubt in that, You will be baking this very often and there is no doubt in that either. As you know baking isn’t very forgiving, very small steps during the making will always affect the final bake. Just go through these points before you bake.
1. Grease the bundt pan properly before pouring the cake batter for the bake. Use a pastry brush or a non stick cooking spray to butter the pan. Make sure you reach every nook and corner specially the area where the tube meets the bottom of the pan. Alternatively, I have shared a link ( above ) that shows wonderful non stick bundt pans which make the cake easy to unmold without breaking any part.
2. This is very basic – Sifting of the flour is a very important step in any kind of cake baking. Don’t be lazy at following this step. Sifting will remove the lumps if any + will distribute the baking powder evenly, which ensures an even bake + It also aerates the cake flour resulting into a light bake.
3. Measure the ingredients accurately and don’t forget to preheat the oven. Place the bundt pan on the lower rack of the oven. Because it’s a tall baking pan; placing it on the lower rack gives the bundt pan a perfect center position in the oven.
4. Don’t over mix the cake batter or it will result into a heavy bake. And use a rubber spatula to fold in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix the ingredients just until the flour is no longer visible. This is a rule for most of the cakes.
5. After the bake, don’t wait too long to take the cake out of the bundt pan. 15 minutes on the wire rack is a good time for cooling. We don’t want any type of condensation to form on the bottom of the pan.
6. But when the cake is out of the pan, let it finish cooling on the rack. Don’t be so tempted to cut into a slice.
7. Use a fine mash sieve or a flour sieve to dust the cake with icing sugar. Do this only before the serving, as the sugar tends to melt into the cake as it sits.