Classic recipes never give faded glimmers. No matter how many time you make them, the end result is always bight and radiant. This Tutti Frutti recipe is one of those recipes, which have earned the tiara of supreme fate, and will bring you an applaud. The Indian bakery-style biscuits with Tutti Frutti in them makes you a child. You might refuse to accept but there was a time when you use to dig for all those beaming bright coloured snippets of Tutti Frutti in the biscuit. Sometimes saving them for the end taste, with a refusal to share. I was always fascinated with bright coloured tutti-frutti as a child. The bun maska with tutti-frutti was one of my favourites.
The recipe is extremely easy to accomplish and you will find no trouble in baking these at home. Still, there are a few points I would like to share with you before we go ahead with the recipe.
Make sure to accurately measure the ingredients.
Keep the butter at room temperature. Its easy to whisk butter when not cold.
You will find custard powder in the ingredient list below. Any regular vanilla flavour custard powder will work.
After all the ingredients are combined, don’t try to knead the mix into one smooth ball. Less you knead, better the texture will be.
It is important to chill the dough for at least 4-5 hours in the fridge. I am ok with keeping the cookies dough in the fridge overnight too.
Just make sure its covered.
Turn the dough into a log and keep in the fridge.
Normally when we chill the log of cookie dough it results into one flat side, because the dough is soft and it takes the shape of the tray or the base it is resting on.
Don’t you think … its just a classic mistake and we all have been following the same path since a long?
Here is my idea, chill the log of the cookie dough in a round bottle or a jar or a long glass. You will not loose the shape and all cookies will be in circles
We make the dough, shape it into a log, we chill the dough, and cut it into rounds. And bake.
Chilling the dough is important so the cookies don’t spread like a maniac in the oven.
Make sure to keep a bit gap in between cooking on the baking tray when baking because they will spread a bit.
They will not take long to bake. With in 10-15 minutes of baking time you will start to see golden edge on the cookies.
Take them out and let them cool on a wire rack.
Store them in an airtight contained after they are completely cool.
- Mixing bowls
- In a bowl combine together butter and sugar, till smooth and creamy. Use a wire whisk to combine both. Make sure butter is at room temperature.
- Place a sieve over the bowl and add flour, custard powder, pinch salt, baking powder. Pass all the ingredients through the sieve into the bowl.
- Add tutti- frutti and vanilla, mix well making sure everything is well combined.
- Bring the dough together, and only if you feel that the dough is dry and is not combining well add bit milk.
- Place the dough on a cling wrap and shape the dough into cylindrical log and shape ends.
- Wrap in clip wrap and refrigerate for 60 minutes or more.
- Preheat the oven https://amzn.to/3mmMg1C and bake at 180-degree C for 15 minutes. Cool completely and keep in an airtight container