This Chocolate cake is more delicious then it looks in these pictures. It’s gooey and an elegant indulgence all made with a special flour Kadhali Raw Banana flour. If you are not familiar with this kind of flour; Let me share the uniqueness of this healthy banana flour.
Chocolate Cake – Gluten free flour
I happened to meet a friend who introduced this Kadhali Raw Banana flour to me. Truly, I was really not sure about the flavor and how to use such a thing to my baking. Every cake or tart or bread that goes into my oven is very precious to me. And I was not ready to take a chance. But at the same time I was eager to know more because many of my readers have asked me for gluten free recipes. So got one box.
Chocolate Cake – Gluten free flour
Point is I made this yummy looking gooey chocolaty cake and no one could guess, it’s made with banana flour. Awesome! Now I have a option to make my cakes and other bakes gluten free. Hey ! One more thing- This Banana flour can replace other flours in your diet ( 80 % Banana Flour : 20 % other flour for usual flavor ) using 80% of it as against any other flour- maida, corn flour or wheat flour and that will add wholesome value to your meal. Imagine your snacks, gravies or soups even baby food.
The Process of making raw banana flour – Green bananas are thoroughly washed then peeled, pulped, standardizing, concentrating and finally dehydrating all done at low temperatures in order to maintain its flavor , color and nutritional value at all times.
Nutritional Value : It contains all the necessary nutrients required by the body- Calcium, Potassium, Vit B6, zinc, Vitamin C, Dietary fibers and Potassium. All written on the box. I think it’s a must try. 🙂
1. Banana flour contains no sugar and also contains high resistance starch, hence can be consumed by diabetics too since the starch present in this flour improves insulin sensitivity.
2. Lowers Cholesterol, aids digestion.
3. The resistant starch in this flour gives us a feeling of fullness and satisfaction, reducing frequent hunger pangs and in the long run helps weight loss. I like this point the most heheehhehehe. I know many of you will like it too.
4. It is 100% natural without any chemicals and preservatives.
5. One idea in my mind says, If I would have added raw sugar instead of refined sugar 🙂 I would have made it much healthier. What say ! The bite on lips, will not stick to Hips. Sounds great.
This is simple – You want to try this Kadhali Raw Banana flour , contact this wonderful lady Namrata : She is very sweet, will tell you more, What I might be missing here. ( +919821246373) Let’s make our inner body healthy and fit and outer body gorgeous and sexy.
Let me tell you the gooey gooey, yummy yuuumy cake recipe:
Chocolate Cake all baked and nice 🙂 yummmmm
Chocolate Cake using Gluten free flour 🙂 Is all ready and served
1. 1/4th cup of Kadhali Raw Banana flour
2. 1/4th cup of almond flour
3. 1 tablespoon of baking powder
4. Dash of salt
5. 100 gm of butter (room temperature)
6. 2 large eggs
7. 100 gm of semi sweet chocolate
8. 2/3rd cup of granulated white sugar
I served this Gooey chocolate with chocolate Ganache and added some walnuts to it. Which gave a beautiful contrast to the richness of the cake. But its totally optional. Because the cake is itself so tasty. If you want to know the ganache and how to make it. See the link here Understanding the chocolate Ganache . The recipe is of eggless chocolate cake and there in is the chocolate ganache points: Please read
Preheat the oven at 160*C ( 320* F ) and line a cake pan with parchment paper, and set aside. Chop the chocolate into small pieces and melt on the double boiler on medium flame. Add in the butter and melt both together. Set aside to cool completely at room temperature.
In another bowl mix the banana flour, almond flour, baking powder and salt. When the chocolate mix is cold, add in the sugar and mix well. Now add the eggs one at a time and mix the batter. Fold in the flour mix using a rubber spatula. Do not over mix the batter.
Pour into the prepared cake pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 160* C. Once baked let the cake cool on the wire rack completely. Cut into the clean slices and serve with ice cream or walnut ganache. ENJOY!