My Instagram is blooming nowadays, all thanks to you readers who visit the page and appreciate my doing. There are so many recipe requests, that I target to accomplish all within this month. I cherish, every single acknowledgment and that is escorting strength to my capacities of becoming more meaningful and relevant.
I would want to say a big thank you to you all, for helping me reach out to this pinnacle. I am excited to share with you that 2 bliss of baking has been awarded as THE BEST BAKING BLOG INDIA by the Food Blogger Association Of India. And this has happened only because of you. Your love and your appreciation. Keep the love alive and keep it coming. Hugs to you all.
This egg-free mango cake recipe was one of the most requested recipes. The prime query was to keep it eggless, and my major concern was, to achieve the moist, soft cake base.
So you absolutely don’t have to worry about the texture of the cake base, it will turn out gorgeously moist and tender. The recipe is full-proof.
However, if I were to change a few doings in my recipe, I would have cut the slices of the cake thinner, which would have allowed me to add more creamy goodness, which would have resulted in a more smacking outcome. When you make this recipe, do slice the cake into thin slices. So you have more layers.
If you want even slices, keep the baked, cooled cake in the fridge for some time before you attempt to slice it. Don’t forget to cover the cake before keeping it in the fridge.
In the video you will see, I have taken an extra step to puree the mango and made a sauce with it. Honestly, you can simply skip that step and add finely chopped mango pieces between the layers. These are the changes, I would bring in when I will make this recipe next time.
The blog has a video, that will make it easy for you and I wish to hear from you, how you liked it.
Do subscribe to my YouTube channel, so any new addition will reach you as I put it.
Do like the video and leave a comment, it adds to my encouragement.
Do drop me a dm on my insta page, of the recipes you want to make at home.
Eggless Mango Cake Recipe
- OTG Oven
- Mixing bowls
- Cake pan
- 1 cup cake flour https://amzn.to/3e1PaFY
- 1/2 tsp baking powder https://amzn.to/32942wG
- 1/4th tsp baking soda https://amzn.to/2PU0T0Y
- 1/8th tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Dahi (yogurt)
- 3/4th cup castor sugar https://amzn.to/3uIDrmb
- 1/4th cup vegetable oil
- A few drops of Mango Essence https://amzn.to/3wLeLeG
- A few drops of Vanilla essence https://amzn.to/3dbFOs0
- 2 tbsp warm milk
- In a bowl add cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. whisk them together to combine well. These are dry ingredients.
- In another bowl add dahi, sugar, vegetable oil, mango essence, and vanilla essence. Whisk all these together to combine. These are wet ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Use a spatula to fold them together. Pour into an 8-inch cake pan, lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven https://amzn.to/3dTpACV for 25 minutes at 180* C. Check the doneness of the baked cake by inserting a toothpick in the center. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is baked.
- Let the cake cool down on a wire rack https://amzn.to/3davVKX and meanwhile prepare the frosting and mango sauce.
- For the mango sauce- blend the mango, sugar, lemon juice till puree. Add a spoon of cornstarch and whisk it well. Cook this on a low-medium flame for 5 minutes. The sauce will thicken. Pour into a bowl and let it cool down before adding to the layers of cake.
- For Frosting – In a bowl combine cream cheese (room temperature), lemon juice, and sugar. Use an electric whisk to whip it up.
- Assemble the cake by cutting into slices and layering it with mango sauce and prepared frosting. https://amzn.to/3d9k9AlDecorate with fresh mango slices and chill and enjoy!