If you have friends come over and you really want to impress with your cooking skills, this is the recipe for you. Must not miss making this at home. Imagine giving a dosage of flavor to the simple hummus. Hummus gets a high …. And becomes Punjabi chole hummus, which is extremely delicious, which is more justifiable to our Indian palate.
The making of this Punjabi chole hummus is super simple. I have the recipe video for you shared here.
Please do subscribe to the channel and like the video, it gives me a high when I receive appreciation from your end for the work I do. Speaking of the recipe, I must tell you it’s very simple to make and doesn’t need any lavish ingredients. You will be able to pull it up, using the ingredients from the home kitchen.
When you sever it, it will excite the ambiance. Everyone will be in love with your platter when it will have Punjabi chole hummus in there.
I do have a few points to share with you before you go ahead with the making of the recipe.
Please read them through, to make no mistakes.
When I share a recipe with you, I have so much to say, so you make it perfect. The video doesn’t allow me to say it all, due to time restrictions. So here I am with my points for you.
When you boil the chole, don’t over cook them.
Take out the skin of the boiled chole, for a smoother hummus.
When you make the masala, make sure to not burn it. Keep the flame at medium-low, make sure you stir it constantly during cooking time.
I have used whole coriander and cumin in the recipe, you can use powdered spices for a smoother texture.
Please adjust the seasoning, according to your taste and liking.
For hummus, tahini is needed. Tahini is made by grinding sesame seeds into a smooth paste. You can buy Tahini from the supermarket or can make it at home. Which turns out quite inexpensive to do at home. Here is the recipe for you.
Punjabi Chole Hummus
- Food Processor
- Pressure Cooker
- Cooking Pan
- 1 cup Boiled channa
- 1 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1/2 an Onion (chopped)
- 6-7 cloves of Garlic
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 small Tomato
- 1 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder https://amzn.to/2PlInyn
- 1 tbsp Punjabi Chole Masala https://amzn.to/2O8cAAl
- 1 juice of one lemon
- 1 tbsp tahini (see the recipe video above)https://amzn.to/31wVBuP
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil (extra to drizzle on the top before serving)https://amzn.to/3wotImS
- Boil the channa (over-night soaked). Make sure not to over-cook them. Once. the channa cools down, remove the skin, and set-aside
- In a cooking, pan https://amzn.to/31vfsKO add the oil, onion , garlic (2-3), and salt. Cook till translucent. Keep the flame at medium-low.
- Add in the chopped tomato and cook till soft. Till you start to see the oil in a pan release out of masala.
- Now, add the coriander, cumin, kashmiri red chilli powder, chole masala. Turn off the flame.
- In a food processor https://amzn.to/3ftEBxG add the chole, prepared masala, 2-3 cloves of garlic, lemon juice, tahini , salt, and olive oil. Blend till smooth.
- Top with a drizzle of olive oil and a dust of red chili powder. Serve with crackers, pita bread and enjoy!