Home made Nutella is something you got to make because its a wonderfully delicious and super easy and quick to make. I wonder why I have not shared such a amazing recipe yet with you all. Let’s do it today and I am sure you will be making many jars at home.
Nutella: Home made version is worth falling in love. A dreamy chocolate spread, and you will be happy to make it home – Never under estimate the power of a good chocolate spread. Dig in! and experience the joy. Its tasty no matter how you serve it- breads, desserts or on fruits and just a spoonful is a true luxury.
We have bought many jars of Nutella from the super market, its a wonderful spread. (Have you ever had a Banana Nutella ice cream; its great by the way.) Making your own Home made Nutella however gives us the liberty to control the sugar amount and we can be sure that there are no preservatives and refined oil. This recipe of Home made Nutella has no white sugar at all, infact I prefer adding honey; which is a great alternative.
Few thing to remember before I start with the recipe –
1. For Home made Nutella you will need a food processor to get the consistency right. If you don’t have one you can grind hazelnuts into a paste with a nut grinder and you will need strong arms.
2. Hazelnuts are must, I like adding few almonds as well, they provide beautiful aromatic flavor, but almonds are optional.
3. If you find skinless hazelnut , its awesome or otherwise – Heat the oven at 350* F and spread the hazelnuts on a baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes, when cool rub between the hands to remove the peel, if some of the peel still sticks around its perfectly fine.
4. Even if you find skinless hazelnuts you will still have to roast them,(you will just be skipping the part where you will have to remove the peels) because roasting will make a better aroma and creamier texture.
5. If you prefer a grittier texture blend a little less, And if you like a very fine texture ( just like my kids) pass the prepared nutella through a strainer.
[recipe title=[recipe title=”Home made Nutella ” time=”2o minutes” difficulty=”easy”]
1. 2/3rd cup or 2.5 oz of unsalted hazelnuts
2. 5 to 6 almonds
3. 3/4th cup of sweet condense milk
4. 1/2 cup or 3 oz of chopped chocolate (the color of nutella will depend on the amount of cocoa in the chocolate)
5. 3 tablespoons of honey
1. Spread the hazelnuts and almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes at 350* F until fragrant and toasty with a slight browning of the skin. If require take the peel off.
Grind the nuts in a food processor until creamy. It goes from chopped to sort of greasy and then will turn into a creamy consistency.
Tip: This is hazelnut butter ready, the same technique can be used to make almond butter or peanut butter at home.
Using a double boiler melt the chocolate and then add in half of the condense milk and mix.
Tip for double boiler : ( 1: Simmer a few inches of water in a saucepan. 2: Stack a metal or glass bowl on top of a saucepan, making sure the bowl sits snugly. What’s inside won’t burn or stick because the steam from the simmering water will heat the bowl gently and evenly.)
Using a rubber spatula take off all the hazel nut butter from the food processor, into the chocolate mix. Combine these together. Your nutella is almost ready add in the honey and rest of the condense milk and mix well. You might find a thin fat layer on the top, simply discard it and store the nutella in a clean jar. This will keep in the fridge for 2 to 3 weeks; but don’t worry nutella will get over before you will notice. So make and enjoy!
If you want to know how to make yummy breads at home click on the link