Pizza is loved, it becomes a comforting locus point in our weekend menu. As parents, we skip cooking and try to temper our exhausted minds. Most of us are looking forward to the weekends so we can chill. Weekends are now closely associated with relaxed minds. Kids on the other hand are always in the welcoming pose when the name pizza is uttered at home.
I frankly, fail to understand this happiness, with the existence of pizza. It is probably something to do with the advertisement. Over the years these ads have conditioned our minds to fall in love with that gooey cheesy, enticing pizza. I don’t deny the fact that pizza is delicious, but we have so many more food to fall in love with, but sadly none have been given that place in the marketing industry.
I am a pukka Punjabi at heart, no matter how many fancy foods are on the table, my hand reaches out for roti baji. Or maybe it is the wisdom. Hahaha… I don’t know, how to share a wink emoji after this line. You just imagine it…
Tell me about your comforting foods, what is ruling your heart?
Fact is, its the amount of cheese on the pizza, that defines the graph of tastiness for us Indians. I am amazed at the fact that some places add mayonnaise to the pizza base. If an Italian were to see the Indian versions of pizza, he would consider renaming the pizza for Indians.
It’s in the DNA, we do like to follow, but we change the whole ambiance according to our taste. Talk about culture or traditions, we have our own versions of everything in India. The road might be the same, but the lights and decors and the trees on the sidewalk are according to our taste. Pizza, pasta, sushi (we have vegetarian sushi) sauces, dips, Chinese dishes (this has a different story).
Anyways, let me take you to the recipe for pizza sauce, that easy to make and you will like at home. You can use the same sauce for doing pasta as well. The best part is, I am sharing two recipes of pizza sauces today with you. There is one sauce recipe that you can make in just five minutes. It’s just a mixing of few ingredients. The sauce turns out really awesome. Approved by our Indian tastebuds.
The other recipe is however from the scratch, which is equally good. I have shared the recipe video link in the post, to make things easy for you. I hope you like it.
Do let know, what more recipe you would like to see on this blog.
How to make pizza sauce in less than five minutes
200 gm – tomato puree https://amzn.to/3ccgthr
2 tbsp – tomato ketchup https://amzn.to/3omOZIq
1 tbsp – olive oil https://amzn.to/3iSwavf
1 tbsp – dry basil https://amzn.to/3qVARrg
1 tsp – salt https://amzn.to/2Mrf7EA
2 tsp – Italian seasoning https://amzn.to/2YlfnI6
1 tsp – garlic powder https://amzn.to/3otVOrK
1 tsp – onion powder https://amzn.to/2YlXjxg
You just have to combine all these together using a whisk and use it as required.
The recipe for the pizza sauce from the scratch is in the column below.
Pizza Sauce Under 5 Minutes
- Cooking Pan
- Boil a pot of water and add the tomatoes. Boil for about 30 to 60 seconds, or until the skins start to peel back. Remove the tomatoes with a spoon and drop them into the ice bath.
- After they've cooled in the ice bath (about 1 minute), take them out. Peel out the skin and blend 4 tomatoes in a mixer grinder. Deseed the remaining 4 tomatoes and chop them.
- Put a pan https://amzn.to/3olH5yP on the medium flame and add the oil. As the oil starts to heat, add in the garlic. Saute for just a couple of seconds and add in the finely chopped onions. Saute on medium-low flame for 1- 2 minutes and add the chopped tomatoes.
- Cook for some time and add in the salt. Cook till the tomatoes have softened and then add the pureed tomatoes. Keep the flame on medium and cook further till it thickens and the water content reduces. You have to reach to the consistency as shown in the video.
- Now add the Kashmiri red chili powder, dry oregano, dry basil, and sugar. Cook for a couple of more minutes. Then add the butter and cook for another minute or so. The pizza sauce is ready. As it cools down the sauce will thicken even further. You can keep the sauce in a clean jar in the fridge and it will stay for 2 weeks or more. Make pizza and let me know how did you like it.