I cook and I bake probably more than many. Professionally and with love for the family both priorities keep me in the kitchen for long, day after day. It doesn’t seem like work to me but still, I need a break.
At times, I prefer to just sit and do nothing. But there is always a comforting thought, that the kids will manage themselves. In fact last month, I travelled leaving kids and Pranav. Surprisingly, they cooked, cleaned and kept the house very tidy. They didn’t bother with large cooks but the basics were done. Recipes like this are lifesavers. I prepared a few and kept in the fridge, so it’s easy for them to make quick sandwiches.
This particular spinach stuffing is the favourite anyways. Spinach, paneer and cheese are the main components in this stuffing. It is quite an easy forgiving recipe. Unlike other baking recipes, you will have the leverage to adjust and balance the flavours and seasoning.
Go less or go more with cheese, you can make an independent choice. Depends on, to whom you listen more, your tastebuds or your health resolutions.
You will find the recipe video on my Instagram. I am present there with the name @2blissofbaking Pooja Khanna. Do suggest what kind of recipe videos you would want to see more on that page in future.
The recipe is simple to make. I just want to emphasis on one point. Make sure to cut the paneer and cheese into smaller cubes.
Spinach Cheese Sandwich Stuffing
- Nonstick pan
- 1 tbsp cooking oil https://amzn.to/3rTrTMz
- 1 tsp minced garlic https://amzn.to/38RJmMD
- 1 tsp fine chopped ginger
- 1/2 cup fine chopped onions
- 1 tbsp green chilies
- 3 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4th tsp black pepper
- 1 cup cubed paneer
- 1 tbsp pizza seasoning https://amzn.to/3b85iFI
- 1/2 cup cubed cheese B018E0GHFO
- Start to heat a nonstick pan https://amzn.to/2JEA1z6 on medium flame and add oil. As the oil starts to warm up add the garlic and ginger. Saute for a few seconds and add the chopped onions and chillies. Briefly cook these on medium-low flame. Till the onions get translucent. Make sure not to burn this mix and keep moving these ingredients in the pan using a spatula. https://amzn.to/3b1JlZgNow add the washed, chopped fresh spinach.
- Tip: If the pan you are using to cook the sandwich stuffing is small. Don’t add all the spinach at once. Add 1 cup of spinach and sauté for a few seconds. The spinach will leak out water and will shrink. This will make space in the pan for you add more spinach.
- So gradually add spinach and cook it further till almost all the water from the spinach evaporates. Add salt and pepper. You can adjust the seasoning as desired. Be careful and don’t use too much salt at this point.
- Add fine cubed panner and combine it well with the cooked spinach. Turn off the flame and add pizza seasoning. Then add the cubed cheese and make sure that the pan is not very hot when you add the cheese. Try a bit and adjust the seasoning, if required. Transfer the prepared stuffing in a box and use as required. https://amzn.to/38Qcfst