It seems as if the bad throat, bad nose, slight warm body temperature, body aches, confetti is sprinkled on all of us. Spearing no one Covid has given us another loud bust of sick spatters again, and we are in a clutter of isolation. (Clutter of isolation) does this make any sense? Almost everyone I know personally is facing the same picture right now.
God will give us strength and hopefully, we will stand strong again, with our lives rolling on the tracks. We have recognised that health is our greatest gift. This is a knock-knock on the doors to notify us that the lifestyle we are coaching to our next generation can jeopardise them at a very early age.
I won’t be giving you a monologue on a healthy lifestyle, because we all have received the same knock on the doors, and we have faced the same trajectory and we are standing at the same awareness peak.
All I can do is share some good immunity building recipes with you so they can be of help. This is what I am skilled at, the kitchen is my performance stage.
Try out this carrot ginger soup, it turns out good. And of course, it’s very healthy. The recipe is effortlessly easy and is very flexible. It is soothing for the throat and is comforting to the body. You must try it.
There is a recipe video attached below, which will give you a peek at the texture and consistency at various stages of the making.
It’s not baking where every ingredient is well measured and promises you a sure shot end result if you follow accurately. You will have to adjust the seasoning and consistency accordingly.
The use of cream in the images you see here is completely optional. It obviously adds richness and glamour to my photos. Skipping it will simply cut down on extra calories. Soup is delicious without it, so it’s completely your call.
You can use a pressure cooker to cook the veggies too, which will take less time.
You can use vegetable broth, instead of water to cook the veggies. Which will add more flavour and nutrition.
Ginger is prominent in the flavour, which is so soothing to the throat. You can lessen the quantity a little bit if you are not a fan of ginger.
Lastly, keep it simple and serve it hot. You will love it.
Carrot Ginger Soup
- Cooking Pan
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp fennel seeds https://amzn.to/3frj7Ad
- 5-6 whole black peppers https://amzn.to/3tux0pr
- 1 small bay leave https://amzn.to/3npj5gA
- 3-4 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 medium size chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 inch piece of ginger
- salt to taste
- 3 cups vegetable broth (or water) https://amzn.to/3fowH7q
- 1 tbsp butter
- In a pan add butter, fennel seeds, black pepper and bay leaves. Saute for a minute and add chopped garlic and onion.
- Cook the onion and garlic on low flame for 2-3 minutes. Now add the chopped carrots and celery. Grate ginger and cook briefly.
- Add in salt (add less salt at this stage, and once the soup is blended and passed through the sieve, that time taste and adjust the seasoning).
- Add the water or vegetable broth for more nutrition. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Now let the mix cool down completely before blending it.
- Use a mixer blender to puree the mix. https://amzn.to/3GrJQbI You can add more water or broth at this stage and adjust the consistency according to your preference.
- Pass the puree through a sieve. https://amzn.to/3KdNiJn Bring the soup to a boil and add some butter and cream before serving. Serve it hot and you will see, how relaxing and nourishing this soup is. Enjoy and stay safe.