When I started this blog, I had to enter eggs in my life, I changed my egg perceptions. I was never an egg lover, for me, it’s just a part of bakes. Neither do I despise the presence of the egg, nor I am a fan of the egg. In 2016, I was impelled to add eggs to the egg tray of my fridge, because I felt the necessity of eggs in the bakes. Which is somehow a correct statement. There are so many bakes, you can’t do without eggs.
Today, I am a much liberated, bold soul and I don’t feel the obligation of having certain recipes on my blog.
I am driven by a vivacity of being me. Today, you will find lemons sitting with pride in that egg tray of my fridge.
I feel the bliss within me and I just share the recipe which is great, which I love, which I go back to making over and over again.
Going back to the recipe, I have a video for you to see and understand the making of these muffins. Hope you guys are liking the new video content of mine. I am also sharing tiny videos/ reels on my Instagram page for quick recipes. You will find them very useful. My Insta page is with the name @2blissofbaking Pooja Khanna.
These banana muffins are one of those. Very classy, very satisfying and every time gives me wonderful results. Pranav loves these too. And whenever I have leftover, overripe bananas at home, I bake these. And Pranav loves to have a small sweet treat after dinner every day and I make sure there is something in the fridge for him every day.
Make sure that the bananas are over-ripped. They add so much sweetness to the muffins.
You can change the nuts and seeds according to your choice. I have used sunflower seeds, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, almonds, and walnuts in my recipe.
Don’t over mix the batter, use a spatula to mix all the ingredients and fold them together, only till the time they are incorporated.
Pre-heat the oven for at least 10 -15 minutes.
Don’t open the oven door in between the baking time.
Line the muffin tray with paper cups and escape the task of cleaning the tray.
Eggless Banana Muffins
- Mixing bowl
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 and 1/4th Cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder https://amzn.to/37ixJOO
- 1/2 tsp baking soda https://amzn.to/3rVDObO
- 1/4th tsp salt
- 1/4th tsp nutmeg https://amzn.to/3jTPlFB
- 1/4th cup mixed seeds (pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, sunflower seeds) https://amzn.to/3jTOyV9
- 1/4th cup mixed nuts (chopped) (almonds, walnuts) https://amzn.to/2ODXnqK
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup ripped mashed banana
- 1/4th tsp vanila extract https://amzn.to/3dbYeJh
- In a mug combine milk and vinegar, stir it once, and let it sit on the kitchen counter for 10 minutes. This is a substitute for butter-milk.
- For dry ingredients, in a bowl add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, nuts, and seeds. Use a whisk to combine all the ingredients. Set aside
- For wet ingredients, in a bowl add the oil, sugar, mashed banana, and vanilla. Use a whisk to combine all three.
- At this point, you have buttermilk, dry ingredients, and wet ingredients. Combine all three using a rubber spatula. Don't over mix the batter.
- Once done, let the muffins cool on a wire rack and enjoy!